Learn how to care for Hotheads Hair Extensions with this list of client and stylist do's and don'ts.
After you have applied Hotheads, ensure that your client has all the proper tools to care for their new hair before they leave the salon. To help you with this, we have formulated our product line specifically for second hair. To ensure your client is informed about the proper care of Hotheads Hair Extensions, educate them on Hotheads Client Do’s & Don’ts.
Client DO’S & DON’TS
- Wait 24-48 hours before washing or chemically processing your hair.
- Use a soft, boar bristle brush; starting at the ends and working your way up, always brushing in a downward motion. Brush before shampooing to keep hair from matting.
- Use a nourishing leave-in conditioner from midshaft to ends, keeping away from the tape tabs. For the best results use Hotheads products to keep extensions feeling soft and looking sleek and healthy.
- Wear your hair in a ponytail or loose braid when swimming, exercising and sleeping.
- Have a licensed professional remove and reapply your extensions.
- Don’t use any products containing alcohol, oil, or ethanol. Alcohol based products are drying to the hair and can compromise the strength of the adhesive bond.
- Don’t brush hair harshly.
- Don’t go to bed with wet hair.
- Don’t chemically process your hair at home. Rely on your salon professional for any services while wearing extensions.
- Don’t remove your extensions yourself.
To ensure your application and consultation meets Hotheads Hair Extensions standards of installation, review the list of Hotheads Stylist Do’s & Don’ts.
Stylist DO’S & DON’TS
- Provide a consultation outlining maintenance and associated fees to your client.
- Make sure hair is clarified twice and 100% dry prior to application.
- Make sure sections are clean and precise.
- Blend colors to create the optimal match.
- Place the color closest to your client’s base color on the top when mixing two colors together.
- Recommend Hotheads or high-quality maintenance products to your guests.
- Don’t place the tape tabs too close to the scalp. Apply 0.25” below the section.
- Don’t place the extensions too close to the hairline. Stay 0.75” from the hairline.
- Don’t apply heat directly to the tape tab.
- Don’t place clients under a full-head dryer.
- Don’t lighten the extensions. Deposit color only 2 levels.